State Certification Preparatory Program To Become A Certified Nurse Assistant
This program provides classroom, laboratory and supervised clinical training in the basic fundamentals of safe and knowledgeable caregiving.
The program is a total of 100 hours and can be completed in just (2) two or (4) four weeks. The training includes Blood Borne Pathogen Certification, CPR & First Aid, Medical Terminology, Hands on Clinical Training at a Nursing Facility, and many other nursing topics & skills.
This is a short term, intensive program that meets the requirements as defined by OBRA and New State Regulations. It focuses on preparing students for the Hawaii State Nurse Assistant Competency Evaluation Testing as well as developing skills, attitudes, and behaviors necessary for competent caregivers.
After completing the course, participants will be able to recognize the importance of the CNA role in improving the quality of life for people in the healthcare system.
Note: After passing the State's Certification Examination, the graduate becomes a Certified Nurse Assistant as defined under state and Federal laws under OBRA 1987.
Who Can Apply for this Program?
1. Nursing Assistants
2.Caregivers/Assistant Care Home Operators
3. Medical Assistants wanting to learn Nursing Skills and become a Certified Nurse Assistant.
4. Home Health Aids
6. Personal Care Assistants
7. Individuals wanting to learn how to care for their ailing and aging loved one.
8. Registered Nurses from foreign countries seeking Certification in Healthcare
9. Certified Nurse Assistants who's Certificates have expired.
10. Certified Nurse Assistants from another State not able to endorse his/her Certificate in the State of Hawaii
11. Individuals interested in a career change and want to get into the Healthcare Field
12. Nursing Students
For more information or if you would like an information packet mailed to you please contact an HT&CC, Inc. representative today at (808) 843-2211.